Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Music

I often attend music performances in the region and while waiting will draw the stage set-up.  Here are two.

One, at a performance by the Los Angeles String Quartet at the Union College Memorial Chapel. (I've drawn that piano many times) The second, the summer faculty of Skidmore College Jazz Institute where  I sketched Ed Shaughnessy's drum set before he sat down. (Perhaps you remember Ed from his long time stint with Doc Severinsen's band) At one point above I started to draw Shaughnessy as he stood behind the drums but he was moving too quickly. There's his ghost in the curtain!

 If possible I'll speak with the artists and have them sign my drawing. They mostly LOVE the idea, - some even making comments about the venue, audience or the performance itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment